Scroll down for the Gemvision Self Scan
Do you ever wonder about how next generation teams communicate and get on-the-job information?
Check out a few jobs and teams that use smart communication
Curious if Gemvision can help you?
Find out! Do the 2-minute self-scan
Create your cloud-based communication platform
Start with a 'Forever free' plan
Let’s make hands-on workers hands-free!
We’ll provide you with your own video communication platform, enabling you to empower your team today with solutions such as:
- Remote video support: to assist on-site workers in healthcare, industry, maritime and more.
- Private platform: your own, personal and secured communication platform, set up the way you want it, for (private) teams, clients, different types of user and more.
- Augmented instructions: Use any mobile device to receive on-site, augmented instructions from a remote specialist. But the smart glasses are the real gamechanger here, because they make hands-on workers hands-free.
- Voice, object and code recognition: Gemvision is ready for content recognition! This is useful for the ‘four-eyes principle’, proof of work administration, starting commissioning processes, accountability and more.
- Learning on the job: Reduce onboarding times by allowing junior employees to perform tasks earlier in the process. The workflow builder gives them on-the-job guidance and if questions arise, your senior specialist is on call to provide remote visual support.
Team communication on your own private platform
Gemvision brings you your own, future-ready, private communication platform. We provide tools to address issues caused by the increasing shortage of qualified talent, the ongoing requirement to improve quality standards and to make advances in remote support and remote working solutions. Our tools enable you to improve issues such as:
- Lengthy staff onboarding times
- Inefficient field communication
- Poor remote resolution rates
- First-time fix rates
- Information availability in the field
- Service and maintenance standards
Gemvision’s software is:
- Fully automated, from onboarding, to billing and using PRO features.
- Customizable to your team structure, user types, roles and restrictions and more.
- Secure. No one can access your environment without authorisation. Our video streams are encrypted and our data partner is ISO-certified. In addition, we do not use any third-party software.
- IoT and sensor ready. Would you like more than ‘mere’ communication? Connect your organization’s IoT infrastructure, machinery sensors or any other ‘data emitting devices’ to the platform for predictive maintenance and other company processes.
- Ready to integrate. Link Gemvision with your favourite ERP system.
In other words, you can literally show the support desk or a field worker what you’re seeing instead of having to explain it by text, email or phone. Your Gemvision platform allows you to set up video calls and view visual, on-screen explanations through the use of nifty augmented reality tools such live drawing or screen sharing, enabling you to show the person in the field exactly what you mean. Remote support has never been so easy
Everything you need to know, just one call away.
You might work as a general technician, fixing everything that crosses your path. If so, some things will inevitably be just a bit too specialised even for your skills. Gemvision allows you to get help from the manufacturer or another product specialist. If you’re equipped with smart glasses, it’s just like using a smartphone or laptop: you can fix the problem while speaking to support in real time. Tests have been done demonstrating that someone who had never seen a particular machine before, was able to fix it with the help of remote support and augmented instruction tools.
Get a hospital specialist in the room, virtually.
Picture your GP’s desk. It probably has a phone, a computer, a medical scale model and a pair of smart glasses on a stand. Now imagine that you don’t have to go to the hospital when the GP needs a second opinion from a hospital specialist, who would usually need to take a closer look to be able to diagnose.
When closer inspection by a hospital specialist is needed, the GP schedules a remote consultation. The GP puts on the smart glasses and the hospital specialist is able to examine the patient right away.
- The hospital specialist sees exactly what the doctor sees.
- The specialist can instruct the doctor to perform certain tasks.
- The specialist can talk to the patient as well as the doctor.
- The specialist can draw live on screen to point out possible complications.
- The specialist can save HD screenshots for the patient’s file or other purposes.
- The specialist can prescribe treatment or recommend follow-up procedures.
Instead of going to the hospital, the patient can be examined from the comfort of their own GP’s surgery. After the remote consultation, treatment can start immediately by the GP prescribing the appropriate treatment or a follow-up appointment can be made.
- This saves time for everyone involved;
- The patient is helped on the spot.
- The GP schedules the consultation at the same time as the regular consultation.
- The hospital specialist is only engaged for a short call, which is more efficient than a personal appointment.
- Waiting times in healthcare organisations are a major concern. If we can reduce waiting times without compromising the quality of the consultations, more time can be spent on improving healthcare and actually helping patients.
Support desk employees
Imagine yourself in a situation that it would be great if someone could watch over your shoulder and give some much needed advice. Gemvision is a generic platform, for highly specific jobs. Just like using a phone, you can say whatever you want. Gemvision is the vehicle that allows for field support. Curious if this could work for you? Just start a free trial and try it! You can even get a good experience without a smart glass and install it on your smartphone.
Wound care specialist
a home care nurse
Making hands-on nurses hands-free
This is a real-life collaboration between a wound care specialist at the hospital and a home care nurse, attending to a patient's needs in the comfort of their own home. For example, the wound care specialist at the hospital has an appointment to do a virtual wound check-up. At the agreed time, she logs in to her Gemvision dashboard and the home care nurse, wearing her smart glasses, calls from the patient’s home. Thanks to the augmented instruction tools, the remote consultation can meet the highest standards. Since a home care nurse is not a wound care specialist, this support should be excellent.
Would you like to see how this works?
This is the case video made by the actual hospital, also shown in our case section.
Imagine how this could work for you. You might not be a home care nurse or a wound care specialist, but it doesn't matter what you display or point out with the tools. This procedure can work for all kinds of teams and professional collaborators.
A new or junior employee
Senior specialist or teacher
Fast onboarding and support
It is a common problem these days: senior employees with a lot of experience retire, but new employees can't be trained fast enough to fill their shoes. For many companies it can take up to two years to gain sufficient knowledge about its various machines, products or services. So it can take a while before new employees are independent enough to visit clients, fix errors or service machinery on their own.
Get the most out of your senior specialists
It’s standard practice that senior employees instruct juniors. But seniors can only do so much, since they have to get on with their own work too. This is where Gemvision comes in. Seniors can use the Gemvision desktop dashboard to assist a vast number of newly trained juniors in the field. The juniors are equipped with smart glasses and if they run into problems, they always have a senior on standby. The senior specialist sees what they see and can guide them through the steps, without having to be present on site. The desktop user has many augmented instruction tools at their disposal to instruct remote workers directly while they look on. And 20 minutes later, they can give someone else some other much needed assistance.
Learning on the job and standard workflows
This is how you can get the most out of your senior employees, plus it allows new employees with some basic training to learn on the job and get the job done! And consider this: if the job includes recurring processes such as installing a new machine, troubleshooting a system or, say, verifying objects to ensure the correct pipes are connected, you can use a workflow. You only have to design this once and then forward it to a remote worker's smart glasses, smartphone or tablet so they can use it when needed. Additional steps can be added to scan codes, take pictures and recognise objects.
Service your clients with video support
If you can solve the issues remotely, without having to send an engineer or accountmanager to solve it on the spot, could safe a lot of time. When you connect clients to Gemvision with the GemAssist function, clients can call the service desk with a video call and show what the problem is. The service desk can show them on the screen by drawing, screen sharing or many other things how to solve the problem. That is next generation client support.
Remote advice during surgery
In most cases, surgery is a complex necessity. To ensure the highest possible success rate, advice might be crucial. For instance, when a surgeon is installing a new hip. The manufacturer or the artificial hip specialist might be able offer valuable specialist advice, but is not able to look over the surgeon’s shoulder in the operating theatre. Using smart glasses with Gemvision installed, however, the specialist is able to see what the surgeon sees and communicate at the same time. This is an actual example where an additional part had to be fitted, in order for the hip placement to succeed.
Imagine you could share your vision with anyone. With students enjoying a point of view perspective, or with specialists who give advice, or with anyone else who has not previously had the opportunity to tune in like this.
Teachers or trainers
Examine remotely and share your vision
Show what you see, share your feed with all the students in the world or examine remotely. You as a trainer are even able to guide a student on the go, when they are wearing smart glasses, because the are hands-free!
Remote Air-conditioning support
Daikin is one of the leading manufacturers of air conditioning equipment. To install, commission and service these installations, a team of engineers travels to rooftops far and wide to make sure they’re in the best possible shape.
When an engineer is troubleshooting a machine up on a roof, not having the right data or information could mean having to abandon the job. The sheer complexity and wide range of different models makes it hard to know every single detail. So, the availability of data is crucial.
When questions arise, the engineer calls the helpdesk. But this usually raises more questions than it solves, because the engineer cannot show what he sees, and the helpdesk employee can’t point out what they mean by ‘that particular screw’ or ‘yellow wire’ when there are dozens.
That’s why Daikin uses their own Gemvision communication platform where the on-site engineer wears Vuzix smart glasses and shows the helpdesk employee what he sees. The helpdesk employee then draws on the screen, types instructions or even shares their own screen to present information right in front of the engineer’s eyes. In the meantime, the engineer has their hands free and can continue with whatever task needs completing. Using Gemvision, Daikin can do much more than ‘merely’ offer remote support to their on-site engineers.
- A dedicated ‘client application’ called GemAssist enables clients to start a service video-call with Daikin for initial diagnosis. When the client shows what the problem is, or communicates error codes, the Daikin helpdesk can try and solve the issue at hand.
- Because help is always available in the guise of a remote specialist, junior employees can execute jobs independently with less training than before. This facilitates on-the-job learning and they also have a senior ‘tutor’ on stand-by.
- In the not so distant future, step-by-step commissioning workflows on smart glasses could help engineers to install machinery. This procedure logs progress and setup for quality control purposes, using workflow steps in which you scan (bar)codes, take pictures or identify objects for validation. The workflow builder is a PRO feature of Gemvision and enables users to build their own workflows with whatever instructions are needed.
For an example of this remote support setup, please view the video below.
Remote Woundcare | SKB Winterswijk
Connecting home care nurses with the wound care specialist at the hospital.
In 2017 we introduced a new project called ‘Making hands-on nurses hands-free’. This is a multidisciplinary project in cooperation with our partners at Gemvision and Careaz Homecare. The purpose of this project is to provide professional support in wound care to our colleagues at homecare organisations when they are caring for clients at home. Gemvision is our supplier for ICT solutions such as a secure communication platform and the delivery of smart glasses. The SKB wound consultant and the Careaz nurse use smart glasses to communicate with each other. We also collaborate with four other home care organisations in our region of East Gelderland.
- Quality of life improves for patients as they don’t have to leave the comfort of their home, because the hospital comes to them.
- Nurses in home care situations have become more important, because they literally become the hands of the (remote) specialist.
- It reduces pressure on healthcare organisations, shortens waiting times and improves quality.
- Remote wound care specialists can see up to three times more patients, without compromising on the personal touch or quality.
- Home care organisations in the region are setting up smart glasses team for remote healthcare.
For a sample case, please view this case video, made by SKB Winterswijk.
Wound-analysis with Artificial Intelligence
Wound recognition and -analysis with Smart Glasses and Artificial Intelligence.
TNO and Gemvision are pilot-testing algorithms developed for object and character recognition, being used to recognize wounds with multispectral imaging. This project is currently in a pilot phase involving companies and hospitals.
The Goal: The complete solution for wound care with wound care video-calling, wound recognition via Smart Glasses and wound analysis with Artificial Intelligence. This could greatly benefit healthcare professionals and make accurate analysis about the wound healing process.
Remote specialists for Hamer
Hamer provides a full range of technological services for utilities, industry, automotive, fuel suppliers and the chemical and food industries. With its core focus being technical installation and servicing these installations, Hamer provides over 100,000 instances of service to customers every year. They design, install and maintain. To make sure that this wide range of installations and services is properly maintained as efficiently as possible, Hamer engineers use Gemvision’s Visual Communication platform to assist their engineers on the job.
Hamer uses Gemvision with the Vuzix smart glasses to receive live, on-site video instructions.
- Third-party product specialists and suppliers assist engineers on the job to get the job done and boost first-time fix rates.
- The on-site helpdesk: while at work, engineers can get real-time video support by showing what the problem is.
- Improving remote resolution rates by having the right information at the right time.
- Improving engineers’ relevance by enabling them to complete more jobs through teaching them on the job.
Because well-trained engineers are becoming increasingly scarce and senior tech specialists are retiring, this solution allows Hamer to strike back and improve service and efficiency standards for their customers.
For an impression, see the video below.
Remote resolution solutions
WEMO is a specialist in machine building and machine components. WEMO designs, builds and installs special machines and tools for punching, bending, joining and working sheet and coil material. WEMO is active in automotive, storage, building industry and domestic appliances.
Vuzix smart glasses VIP partner
What is the Vuzix VIP Program?
The VIP Program is an invitation only opportunity for a limited number of the most successful developers of software applications for Vuzix smart glasses. These accounts have been hand selected and invited to participate because they have demonstrated excellence in developing and deploying applications that have been tested in the field and proven to provide value and workflow efficiency in the enterprise space.
The Vuzix Integration Partner (VIP) Program is designed to further recognise and support our most valuable partners. In short, we’re giving developers who are serious about expanding the use of Smart Glasses technology in enterprise environments the opportunity to leverage significant financial, marketing, technology, business support and incentives.
What does it mean to be a Vuzix VIP?
Vuzix has already proven its ability to deliver the leading Smart Glasses hardware in the industry. We are now rewarding application developers – those who are especially committed to Vuzix, and the Smart Glasses industry at large with the best channel support program in the industry.
Gemvision and Vuzix
Thanks to these great smart glasses, we’ve been able to develop our software and integrate it in real-life scenario’s throughout different industries. Currently Gemvision runs solely on Vuzix hardware. This recognised partnership makes us benefit mutually to bring smart glass usage with Gemvision installed accessible and dependent for the mass.
Spring City Australia
Established in 2011 with the objective of providing high-quality engineering, strategic consulting, project management and general consulting services in the electricity, power and energy industry.