Gemvision for Field Service Professionals
Improve first time fix rates by offering remote video support to field workers
Who works with Gemvision?
Self-scan: Can I use Gemvision for Field Service?
Do the free self test to see if you can benefit.
Field Service features
Give live video support to fieldworkers to get the right information in the right place and time.
Manage users, create groups and download shared files for after work reporting.
Create custom workflows for standard procedures for anyone to access in the field.
Give clients the same video support as your field team in the client video call center.
Ready to try Gemvision?
You can also contact us when you have any questions or need some help onboarding.
Remote Woundcare | SKB Winterswijk
Connecting home care nurses with the wound care specialist at the hospital.
In 2017 we introduced a new project called ‘Making hands-on nurses hands-free’. This is a multidisciplinary project in cooperation with our partners at Gemvision and Careaz Homecare. The purpose of this project is to provide professional support in wound care to our colleagues at homecare organisations when they are caring for clients at home. Gemvision is our supplier for ICT solutions such as a secure communication platform and the delivery of smart glasses. The SKB wound consultant and the Careaz nurse use smart glasses to communicate with each other. We also collaborate with four other home care organisations in our region of East Gelderland.
- Quality of life improves for patients as they don’t have to leave the comfort of their home, because the hospital comes to them.
- Nurses in home care situations have become more important, because they literally become the hands of the (remote) specialist.
- It reduces pressure on healthcare organisations, shortens waiting times and improves quality.
- Remote wound care specialists can see up to three times more patients, without compromising on the personal touch or quality.
- Home care organisations in the region are setting up smart glasses team for remote healthcare.
For a sample case, please view this case video, made by SKB Winterswijk.
Wound-analysis with hyper spectral lenses
TNO and Gemvision are pilot-testing algorithms developed for object and character recognition, being used to recognize wounds with multispectral imaging. This project is currently in a pilot phase involving companies and hospitals. When this technology is completed, it will be added to features such as ‘Drag & Drop Workflow Creators’ with content validation.
Remote Air-conditioning support
Daikin is one of the leading manufacturers of air conditioning equipment. To install, commission and service these installations, a team of engineers travels to rooftops far and wide to make sure they’re in the best possible shape.
When an engineer is troubleshooting a machine up on a roof, not having the right data or information could mean having to abandon the job. The sheer complexity and wide range of different models makes it hard to know every single detail. So, the availability of data is crucial.
When questions arise, the engineer calls the helpdesk. But this usually raises more questions than it solves, because the engineer cannot show what he sees, and the helpdesk employee can’t point out what they mean by ‘that particular screw’ or ‘yellow wire’ when there are dozens.
That’s why Daikin uses their own Gemvision communication platform where the on-site engineer wears Vuzix smart glasses and shows the helpdesk employee what he sees. The helpdesk employee then draws on the screen, types instructions or even shares their own screen to present information right in front of the engineer’s eyes. In the meantime, the engineer has their hands free and can continue with whatever task needs completing. Using Gemvision, Daikin can do much more than ‘merely’ offer remote support to their on-site engineers.
- A dedicated ‘client application’ called GemAssist enables clients to start a service video-call with Daikin for initial diagnosis. When the client shows what the problem is, or communicates error codes, the Daikin helpdesk can try and solve the issue at hand.
- Because help is always available in the guise of a remote specialist, junior employees can execute jobs independently with less training than before. This facilitates on-the-job learning and they also have a senior ‘tutor’ on stand-by.
- In the not so distant future, step-by-step commissioning workflows on smart glasses could help engineers to install machinery. This procedure logs progress and setup for quality control purposes, using workflow steps in which you scan (bar)codes, take pictures or identify objects for validation. The workflow builder is a PRO feature of Gemvision and enables users to build their own workflows with whatever instructions are needed.
For an example of this remote support setup, please view the video below.
Remote specialists for Hamer
Hamer provides a full range of technological services for utilities, industry, automotive, fuel suppliers and the chemical and food industries. With its core focus being technical installation and servicing these installations, Hamer provides over 100,000 instances of service to customers every year. They design, install and maintain. To make sure that this wide range of installations and services is properly maintained as efficiently as possible, Hamer engineers use Gemvision’s Visual Communication platform to assist their engineers on the job.
Hamer uses Gemvision with the Vuzix smart glasses to receive live, on-site video instructions.
- Third-party product specialists and suppliers assist engineers on the job to get the job done and boost first-time fix rates.
- The on-site helpdesk: while at work, engineers can get real-time video support by showing what the problem is.
- Improving remote resolution rates by having the right information at the right time.
- Improving engineers’ relevance by enabling them to complete more jobs through teaching them on the job.
Because well-trained engineers are becoming increasingly scarce and senior tech specialists are retiring, this solution allows Hamer to strike back and improve service and efficiency standards for their customers.
For an impression, see the video below.
Safety first on oil & gas rigs
WEMO is a specialist in machine building and machine components. WEMO designs, builds and installs special machines and tools for punching, bending, joining and working sheet and coil material. WEMO is active in automotive, storage, building industry and domestic appliances.
A new or junior employee
Senior specialists & teachers
Fast onboarding and support
It is a common problem these days: senior employees with a lot of experience retire, but new employees can't be trained fast enough to fill their shoes. For many companies it can take up to two years to gain sufficient knowledge about its various machines, products or services. So it can take a while before new employees are independent enough to visit clients, fix errors or service machinery on their own.
Get the most out of your senior specialists
It’s standard practice that senior employees instruct juniors. But seniors can only do so much, since they have to get on with their own work too. This is where Gemvision comes in. Seniors can use the Gemvision desktop dashboard to assist a vast number of newly trained juniors in the field. The juniors are equipped with smart glasses and if they run into problems, they always have a senior on standby. The senior specialist sees what they see and can guide them through the steps, without having to be present on site. The desktop user has many augmented instruction tools at their disposal to instruct remote workers directly while they look on. And 20 minutes later, they can give someone else some other much needed assistance.
Learning on the job and standard workflows
This is how you can get the most out of your senior employees, plus it allows new employees with some basic training to learn on the job and get the job done! And consider this: if the job includes recurring processes such as installing a new machine, troubleshooting a system or, say, verifying objects to ensure the correct pipes are connected, you can use a workflow. You only have to design this once and then forward it to a remote worker's smart glasses, smartphone or tablet so they can use it when needed. Additional steps can be added to scan codes, take pictures and recognise objects. Interested in these features? Check out our features page and look for Pro features like the previously mentioned workflow builder. Check out this example: A junior employee getting remote support.
Everything you need to know, just one call away.
You might work as a general technician, fixing everything that crosses your path. If so, some things will inevitably be just a bit too specialised even for your skills. Gemvision allows you to get help from the manufacturer or another product specialist. If you’re equipped with smart glasses, it’s just like using a smartphone or laptop: you can fix the problem while speaking to support in real time. Tests have been done demonstrating that someone who had never seen a particular machine before, was able to fix it with the help of remote support and augmented instruction tools.
Check out this example where a maintenance worker is asked to fix a payment machine at a filling station. This called for some special guidance from the product's manufacturer. (It's in Dutch, but you'll get the point.)
Anyone you might need!
Imagine yourself in a situation that it would be great if someone could watch over your shoulder and give some much needed advice. Gemvision is a generic platform, for highly specific jobs. Just like using a phone, you can say whatever you want. Gemvision is the vehicle that allows for field support. Curious if this could work for you? Just start a free trial and try it! You can even get a good experience without a smart glass and install it on your smartphone.
Improve field service communication with Gemvision remote videosupport
Engineers, electricians, technicians, are hands-on workers. Their hands and of course their mind get the job done. Well-trained technicians are getting harder to find, while service and maintenance standards are getting higher. Effective communication, fast remote resolution times and first time fix rates are extremely important for keep the client happy and the costs in check.
Always an expert stand-by
Gemvision aims to cut onboarding times, get the right information to the right place and offer live video, where there used to be just a voice or text. So, if a helpdesk is called, it’s usually urgent and the provided information can save the day. With a Gemvision platform an office employee can see what the engineer is seeing, through the smart glass or smartphone camera. The office ‘expert’ draws on screen, clarifies with text or voice and can even share its screen for instant information. The engineer wearing the smart glass solves the job at hand and the helpdesk can confirm.
What does Gemvision give you?
- Remote video support; to assist on-site workers in healthcare, industry, maritime and more.
- Private platform; your own, personal and secured communication platform. Setup the way you want it, with (private) teams, clients, different types of user and more.
- Augmented instructions; Use every mobile device to receive on-site, augmented instructions by a remote specialist. The smart glass however is the gamechanger, because it makes hands-on workers hands-free.
- Digital workflows: make custom workflows with video’s, photo’s, text and code-scanning for field workers that need clear instructions on the job to maintain quality standards.
- Voice-, object- & code recognition; Gemvision is ready for content recognition! This is useful for ‘four-eye-principles’, prove of work logging, starting commissioning processes, accountability and more.
- Learning-on-the-job; Shorten onboarding times by allowing junior employees to execute jobs earlier in the process. The workflow builder gives them on-the-job guidance and if questions arise, your senior specialist is on-call to offer remote visual support.
There it is. Your new, private communication platform that allows you to connect your team in the most efficient way. Set up remote support to help a colleague in the field. Want to experience it for yourself? Then start a free trial or schedule a call with our sales department.
Check out this example for remote support using Gemvision on a container vessel.