Gemvision for desktop
Gemvision dashboard in operated from your browser, ideally Google Chrome.
If you don’t have Chrome, download it here.
Screen sharing Chrome Extension
To allow for screen sharing, make sure you install the browser plugin for Google Chrome.
Install the extension by clicking here.
Gemvision for tablet
Dashboard access: You can use Gemvision for desktop; the dashboard in your browser or the Mobile User app for your tablet. Gemvision for desktop allows you to access the dashboard and works just like on a PC or laptop. Except for the fact that screen sharing is disabled.
App: Download the application from the Google Play store or App Store for Apple.
Gemvision for smartphone
Dashboard access: You can use Gemvision for desktop; the dashboard in your browser or the Mobile User app for your smartphone. Gemvision for desktop allows you to access the dashboard and works just like on a PC or laptop. Except for the fact that screen sharing is disabled.
Gemvision for smart glass
Gemvision is compatible with Android powered smart glasses.
Currently, the following brands support Gemvision in their dedicated smart glass app-store.
Download the application to your smart glass to start using Gemvision.
Vuzix: Visit the Vuzix store on PC/Laptop and by clicking here.
Tutorial: Watch this step by step guide on how to install Gemvision on you smart glass (recommended) INSERT VIDEO INSTAL TUTORIAL
ODG: INSERT VIDEO INSTAL TUTORIAL / DIRECT LINK STORE
Firewall and network compatibility.
Wi-fi connections can be packed with thick layers of security, to test whether or not the firewall settings are blocking connection, you can run the following:
When is this important?
If you are using Gemvision on a laptop or PC and you use (your company’s) wi-fi.
When the call doesn’t seem to start. You should be able to see that someone is calling, but after picking up for example, nothing happens. This is most likely happening because of the security layers of the network you are using.
How can I check this is the issue I’m facing?
- Run all tests from https://test.webrtc.org
- It will verify if everything is working in terms of hardware.
The microphone and camera should come back green.
If that’s not the case, verify that your webcam and/or microphone are plugged to your computer and working.
- Regarding the network and connectivity part, you should have everything green except for ‘Ipv6 enabled’ and ‘Reflexive connectivity’, those two don’t matter.
If anything else comes back red, then you have a network issue, you can skip to the next part: How to solve it?
- If everything came back green, you should also check this test run: http://www.netscan.co/demo/ just to be 100% sure that the network won’t be an issue. Everything should also be green, if anything is red then you have a firewall or network issue preventing a connection.
How to solve it?
- Since it is network related, get help from your system admin or the person in charge of the network in your company.
- Most of the time, the problem comes from the fact that the required UDP ports are not opened.
- Gemvision requires the firewall to allow UDP traffic on all ports between 30000 and 65000. We are currently working on reducing the port range drastically, but currently we need this port range opened.
- If the port range are opened and the problem still persist, then it’s probably because of your router settings. You need to disable SIP ALG within your router.
How can I check if everything is solved?
Run the two tests from the top, everything should come back green this time, effectively showing that the network issue is resolved. And then you can simply start a call with the Gemvision platform, it should now be working as expected.
Start today. You're up and running within two minutes.