Gemvision for desktop (Google Chrome)
Gemvision dashboard in operated from your browser, ideally Google Chrome.
Other browsers are currently not supported. Screen sharing is only available with a Chrome browser extension.
If you don’t have Chrome, download it here.
Also check if you have the most recent version.
Screen sharing Chrome Extension
To allow for screen sharing, make sure you install the browser plugin for Google Chrome.
Install the extension by clicking here.
Gemvision for tablet
Dashboard access: You can use Gemvision for desktop; the dashboard in your browser or the Mobile User app for your tablet. Gemvision for desktop allows you to access the dashboard and works just like on a PC or laptop. Except for the fact that screen sharing is disabled.
App: Download the application from the Google Play store. (App Store for Apple coming soon).
Gemvision for smartphone
Dashboard access: You can use Gemvision for desktop; the dashboard in your browser or the Mobile User app for your smartphone. Gemvision for desktop allows you to access the dashboard and works just like on a PC or laptop. Except for the fact that screen sharing is disabled.
iOS: Coming soon
Android: Any phone/tablet that runs Android 22 or above.
Gemvision for smart glass
Gemvision is compatible with Android powered smart glasses.
Glasses supported: Vuzix M300/Blade/M300XL
Download the application to your smart glass to start using Gemvision.
Visit this link in you desktop browser: https://www.vuzix.com/appstore/app/gemvision
(make sure you have a Vuzix store account) and follow the instructions.
Vuzix: Visit the Vuzix store on PC/Laptop and by clicking here.
Realware: Contact us, Realware can only be pre-installed. No store available.
ODG: Contact us, ODG story is supported, but the future continuation of ODG is uncertain, therefore compatibility is.
GemConnect app to login to you smart glass.
GemConnect is the smartphone app that is used to log into your smart glass.
By logging into this app with your Smart glass user credentials, it generates a QR-code, that is scanned with the smart glass. The QR-code expires for security reasons. It is crucial that you have a smart glass account. This is selected when a user is invited from the dashboard.
To download this app, please visit the Apple app store or Google Play store and search for GemConnect.
The preferred method of updating your Vuzix smart glass is via the included OTA (Over The Air) update mechanism, which will require the Vuzix smart glass to be connected to a stable WiFi network with internet access.
- Make sure your smart glass is plugged into a 1.5 amp USB power source*.
- Open the Settings application.
- Select the “OTA System Update” option at the bottom of the list.
- If an update is available, select “Install”.
- Wait for the download, then reboot and install the update.
- Once the smart glass has fully rebooted following the update, your update is complete.
*Do not power off or interrupt the M300 during the upgrade process or corruption of the OS may occur! If your OS is corrupted, contact Vuzix Technical Support for assistance.
Platform Flash Tool Lite
As an alternative, the M300 can be updated offline via USB with Platform Flash Tool Lite from Intel. For assistance with manually updating your device with this tool, please contact Vuzix Technical Support.
Need some personal assistance?
Fill in this form about connections on premises and the hurdles that you might have to take.
We’ll gladly help you!
Firewall and network compatibility. DIY check.
Wi-fi connections can be packed with thick layers of security, to test whether or not the firewall settings are blocking connection, you can run the following:
When is this important?
If you are using Gemvision on a laptop or PC and you use (your company’s) wi-fi.
When the call doesn’t seem to start. You should be able to see that someone is calling, but after picking up for example, nothing happens. This is most likely happening because of the security layers of the network you are using.
How can I check this is the issue I’m facing?
- Run all tests from https://test.webrtc.org
- It will verify if everything is working in terms of hardware.
The microphone and camera should come back green.
If that’s not the case, verify that your webcam and/or microphone are plugged to your computer and working.
- Regarding the network and connectivity part, you should have everything green except for ‘Ipv6 enabled’ and ‘Reflexive connectivity’, those two don’t matter.
If anything else comes back red, then you have a network issue, you can skip to the next part: How to solve it?
- If everything came back green, you should also check this test run: http://www.netscan.co/demo/ just to be 100% sure that the network won’t be an issue. Everything should also be green, if anything is red then you have a firewall or network issue preventing a connection.
How to solve it?
- Since it is network related, get help from your system admin or the person in charge of the network in your company.
- Most of the time, the problem comes from the fact that the required UDP ports are not opened.
- Gemvision requires the firewall to allow UDP traffic on all ports between 30000 and 65000. We are currently working on reducing the port range drastically, but currently we need this port range opened.
- If the port range are opened and the problem still persist, then it’s probably because of your router settings. You need to disable SIP ALG within your router.
How can I check if everything is solved?
Run the two tests from the top, everything should come back green this time, effectively showing that the network issue is resolved. And then you can simply start a call with the Gemvision platform, it should now be working as expected.
Still experiencing issues? Please contact support. We’re there to make things work.
Start today. You're up and running within two minutes.